How to get your pair looking good as new
Have the odd mark and scuff on your boots? Don't worry this tells you the leather on your boots is top quality and adds to their character. However, if you want that fresh-out-of-the-box look we recommend the following:
- Remove dust with a dry horsehair brush, or a dry and clean cloth
- Remove dirt and build-up from leather with a clean and damp cloth
- Remove dirt and build-up from welt with a damp q-tip or toothbrush
- If you need something a little stronger to remove the dirt, try a saddle soap
- Apply a conditioner evenly with fingers, adding more to dry areas
- Follow directions of your chosen wax-based conditioner as needed
- For extra waterproofing, use mink oil
- For best results, let stand for several hours in a cedar shoe tree
We suggest regular wearers clean and condition their boots 4-6 times a year.
For boot wearers that like to kick around in dirt and mud a lot, we suggest you dry your boots often and be sure to clean and condition them more frequently.